"Criating Genetics with Purpose"
Oak Lawn Alpacas is located in the scenic farm country of Southeast Wisconsin, centrally located about an hour from Madison, Milwaukee and Oshkosh. We enjoy being a small Wisconsin farm as individual care for our Huacaya alpacas is extremely important to us. Animal husbandry is not new to either of us as we both came from a dairy farming background. Oak Lawn Alpacas takes great responsibility in mentoring the new alpaca owner and sharing ideas and issues related to alpacas and our industry. We are proud members of the Great Lakes Alpaca Association, Alpaca Registry, Alpaca Fiber Cooperative of North America, North America Alpaca Fiber Producers and Alpaca Owners and Breeders. Don serves on the Board of Directors and along with Connie, are the Barn Managers for the Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest held every spring in West Bend, Wisconsin.
A few of our goals for our operation:
- Improve our herd from generation to generation using sound breeding’s decisions based on genetic traits. We use quality herdsires that have the traits which we want to improve.
- Breed for quality fiber; strive for fineness and density first as well as improving on crimp and brightness.
- Provide a nutritionally balanced diet to enhance the alpacas well-being and promote excellent fiber.
- Promote and contribute in building a growing alpaca community in Wisconsin and the U.S.
- Treat all customers, vendors and fellow breeders with integrity and respect.
We look forward to helping build an industry that has taught us much in our first years and passing along to new breeders many of the lessons we have been taught and learned as well. Oak Lawn Alpacas looks forward to establishing a long and prosperous relationship with the rest of the alpaca community. Please contact us to discuss the alpaca business and set up a farm visit to our southern Wisconsin farm where you can have hands on experience with our alpacas.